Sunday, January 08, 2006

ramblings and whatnots.

Been a long time since I last posted...

So I got a job as an assistant manager at Hollywood Video, should be pretty sweet with all the free video game/movie rentals. I finally get to boss people around, too. Apparently Tim, the manager, was impressed with my knowledge of films, so at least my precious film degree is earning me something. I also found out that Pat Klein, of Wisconsin Hills/Pilgrim Park/Cuckoo Land fame was one hell of a thief, having made off with $900 worth of stolen DVDS before he was fired over the summer.

New Years passed, thankfully there wasn't some melodramatic party with lots of bullshit resolutions. You can save them for the greeting cards. Was nice to see lots of friends, though.

Got my grades back. I earned an A for "bastard", so I can now look forward to the pleasure of Basic II with Scott next semester. (Best TA ever)

I also have another film to add to the vault of "forgotten, but genius films": 2000's "Fortune Hunters", http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172464/
starring Alison Loman, Golden Girl's Estelle Getty, Milwaukee's own Mark Metcalf, and the one, the ONLY superstar COREY FELDMAN. With a breakthrough performance as a sleazy BMW salesman trying to steal the winning lottery ticket from an accountant's family, one has to wonder if his later success on VH1 reality shows owes a bit of debt to this film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home